Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2020

Egg drop challenge

Today I made an egg float.
First I was going to make a parachute but it did not work because the egg was too heavy.
Next I had an idea of making a hot air balloon and putting the egg inside of the basket.
I first made the basket out of toothpicks but that did not go to plan because the glue from my hot glue gun did not stick, my dad had an idea of using a piece of a egg tray for the basket and I said "yes".
I put some duck tape for the walls so the egg does not fall out of the basket next I got some string and tied it to the 4 corners then on the other side I blew up a balloon so it will not hit the ground as hard, I had a few test tries off the balconey and the balloon poped.
I added some tissues to the basket to make it softer when it lands.
I threw the hot air balloon off the balconey with the real egg and the balloon poped again but the egg did not crack open and that was lucky so then I brought the egg back up stairs and the basket was not damaged.

2 comments:

  1. Ka mau te wehi e hoa, showing your putaiao matauranga maori. Ka pai Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge achieved Joshua...what did you learn about yourself from this egg challenge?

    ReplyDelete