Pages

Sunday 5 April 2020

Harakeke

Kia ora whanau.
On Thursday my parents and I went to go for a walk, so I took my pocket knife to get some harakeke (flax) because Whaea Lee said we are going to make some putiputi (flowers) on friday.  We cut the Harakeke at the school then came home.

On friday we went on the video call to make harakeke putiputi and whaea Lee showed us how to do it.  She said it is like a clock you turn to 3 o clock then 6 then 9 back to 12.
Repeat it then pull the leftover harakeke through the middle hole, start twisting then tie a knot and there is your flower.
I really struggled with this but this video helped me alot.
For more infomation



2 comments:

  1. Awesome Joshua you did it! i know that it was really hard for you, but you went out of your way to keep on going by watching a video on harakeke putiputi. Ka mau te wehi tama. What do you find hard about making this? and what was the best part for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really proud of your attitude towards your learning Joshua - you persevered and didn't give up and you got there in the end. Did you enjoy it when you had completed your flower - do you think you could make a bouquet for when the lockdown is over?

    ReplyDelete