Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Riwai huamata

On Wednesday my mum and I were making riwai huamata.
First we peeled the riwai.












Then we put some whero aniana in to the riwai huamata, that did not go to plan because it was not cooked and I thought it ruined my riwai huamata.












After that we put some puna aniana in to the riwai huamata.












When the riwai finished cooking and the riwai was soft, we cut them up again in to bite size pieces and put it in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of mayonaise and the secret ingredient ''CHICKEN SALT''.












Now here is our final riwai huamata.












Next time I wont be adding any whero aniana.

10 comments:

  1. Kia ora Josh, your cooking skills are impressive, well done documenting the process. I like your eye protection wear... very clever. Wondering if you cook the whero aniana on it's own first before adding. Do you think that might make a difference?

    Looking forward to seeing what you create next in the kitchen,
    Mrs Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Josh. I'm super proud of your cooking skills. You did a really great job of making your whero aniana. It was great team work with you and mum.
    Mrs Hamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. ka mau te wehi Joshe ko koe tā mātou kai-tunu hāngi! ka pai Josh so proud of you next you will be cooking our hāngi. did it taste nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora whaea Lee The Riwai huamata was tumeke because it was so soft engari te whero aniana ruined it

      Delete
    2. and kau HANGI

      Delete
  4. Hi Joshua,

    This is wonderful. I love the way you are engaging in Tech lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welldone Josh for sharing this awesome mahi - can't wait to taste this in person after lockdown - I have also put a link for this awesome post into our school newsletter - https://www.tamakiprimary.school.nz/2020/04/24/852/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a future as a MASTERCHEF Joshua? Keep up the great blogging and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ka pai Joshua. Thanks for sharing and teaching me some Te Reo Maori. I often make mistakes when cooking but I see it as a way of creating a brand new recipe! I like the way you're already thinking about how you'd make it better next time. Do you have a favourite recipe? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ka mau te wehi! It is great to see you are learning cooking skills during Rāhui.
    Do you have any other recipes that you have been trying? What is your favourite thing that you have made?

    ReplyDelete